Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Different Forms of Color

The assignment a couple days ago was to go abstract today and make a photograph that focuses on form and color rather than detail. I thought I had something I took on my camera phone but I didn't really like how it turned out and yesterday I didn't really feel like messing with my camera. Today, I decided to take a couple pictures at work.

These are a few of the things I have on my desk. Colorful but not particularly abstract, unless you consider the odd assortment of things. The bear is a Michigan bear I picked up a long time ago. He is holding a Samurai Sword letter opener I picked up in Japan. I also picked up the Darth Maul in Japan and he says his lines in Japanese, which is pretty cool. The sailor is because I like the Navy. I like the shot but it's not particularly abstract.

I think this one represents a little more abstract, as the focus isn't on the candy but the shapes and colors. I would imagine if I would have shot it a little out of focus, that might have been better.

This one is not particularly colorful but abstract....

No comments: