Friday, February 11, 2011

Out of Focus at Yost

Today's assignment: Sometimes what’s out of focus can make the shot. Create a photograph today where some/all of your subject isn't in focus. I wasn't too thrilled about this assignment as I wasn't quite sure where to go with it. But I figured I would give it a shot.

So I went to what is probably going to be my favorite place to watch a sporting event - Yost Ice Arena. It is one of the few places where I can actually feel the energy of the event because the crowd really gets into the game. It does show its age in places but that's part of the charm.

So this was my first shot. Just a shot of the block M at Center Ice. Nothing terribly special but as I was looking at it, I was thinking of one of those blurry shots where we are looking into the past.

So I lifted my camera up to get a picture of the banners in the rafters.

Since it kind of reminded me of one of those old reminiscing shots...I decided to do it in Sepia.

And this one, I decided to do something a little more creative.

What do you guys think?

No comments: